Posted By Russ on July 26, 2013 at 1:42 pm
Well, to be more specific, my doctor, the one I’ve seen ever since I came to North Carolina.
I got the letter. He’s done, out of General Practice, not going to deal with the Obamacare administrative B.S.
His secondary specialty that he will be doing exclusively in the future is, fortunately for him, purely cosmetic in nature, and consequently doesn’t rely on dealing with all the insurance nonsense.
“If you like your doctor, you can keep him.” Just another lie from our esteemed Prevaricator in Chief.
If I ever decide to get hair plugs, maybe I’ll see that doc again someday. In the meantime, though: where am I going to find a new GP?
Posted By Russ on July 22, 2013 at 10:00 am
- It's barely the afternoon, I've been up only 3 hours, and I'm already thinking of taking a nap. How great it is to have Mondays off. ->
- @BailofRights You say that like it's a bad thing. in reply to BailofRights ->
- @TabithaHale Raaaaaaaaacist. in reply to TabithaHale ->
- @SalaciousSully Wow, that's a lot of rain. We only got about an inch and a half here yesterday. ;-) in reply to SalaciousSully ->
- Thunder booms. Kismet insist on me holding him. I begin to suspect that he trusts me to take care of him. ->
- @CatsPolitics We'll get there eventually in reply to CatsPolitics ->
- RT @rsmccain: @AaronWorthing @wjjhoge Bill Schmalfeldt's learning curve is like a Mobius loop. ->
- RT @iowahawkblog: Contrary to Detroit, DC shows you can prosper as a one-company town. As long as the company salesmen are armed. ->
- RT @KennedyNation: Eric Holder won't give George Zimmerman his gun back because he's already sent it to Mexico. And lost track of it. ->
- RT @RealJamesWoods: The only reason people lock their car doors when Obama walks by is they are afraid he'll tax them to death… ->
- RT @rsmccain: Remember: One should never speak ill of the ugly dishonest Jew-hating dead. ->
Posted By Russ on July 15, 2013 at 10:00 am
- RT @PoliticallyAff: The #Obama administration isn't good, but #Egyptians love Americans #Egypt http://t.co/jmbk8HwexB ->
- New blog post – Thus Spake Russ: A Week, More or Less, of Tweets – http://t.co/W96KwlXTXO ->
- @bob_owens Corey and Mike Nifong are gonna have to get together after this fiasco to compare notes, bruises, reamed sphincters. in reply to bob_owens ->
- RT @IMAO_: The focus of modern feminism on consequence free sex does make it seem like it was designed by horny teenage boys. ->
- RT @LawSelfDefense: #zimmermantrial Rumored: Nelson to consolidate jury instructions to read simply: "You must find the defendant, George … ->
- RT @EWErickson: I repent. Watching Sharknado converted me into a believer that global warming is real AND it's going to be awesome. ->
- RT @RBPundit: I mean, @MattYglesias once said lying is perfectly fine in order to advance an agenda, so is his being a dick really a surpri… ->
- RT @yesnicksearcy: It's impossible to discuss anything with an ignorant dumbass. That's why I just ID them, ridicule them and move on. @RAS… ->
- If it's wrong to have breakfast after 1pm, I don't want to be right. ->
- @Ithildyn Well, hey – happy birthday! in reply to Ithildyn ->
- RT @E_in_AZ: Watching the Left come unglued over the #Zimmerman verdict is both funny and disturbing. Such vitriol. ->
- RT @CatsPolitics: Crump owes the families of Emmitt Till & Medgar Evers an apology. ->
- RT @jackmcoldcuts: Medgar Evers and Emmitt Till weren't wanna-be thugs beating the crap out of a dude. Disgraceful comparison to their trag… ->
- These people keep calling Trayvon Martin a "child." I do not think that word means what they think it means. ->
- RT @Malvenue: This case would have never made the news if #zimmerman's name was Hernandez. The press assumed he was white from day one due … ->
- RT @GaltsGirl: Why is the DoJ involved in the Zimmerman case? Don't they have serial numbers to file off of guns in Mexico, or something? ->
- Trayvon Martin was not a "young boy" or a "child" – he was a dope-smoking wannabee thug who tried to maim or kill #Zimmerman. Period. ->
- @bob_owens It's not like stupid times two – more like stupid squared. in reply to bob_owens ->
- If there was one thing proven beyond a reasonable doubt by the #ZimmermanTrial: the media are 99.44% cretins. ->
- RT @CatsPolitics: Don't forget the tampons. RT @baseballcrank: You know what will improve this situation? Giant papier mache puppets. And j… ->
- If George #Zimmerman had only shot Trayvon Martin in the leg, *Martin* would be in jail now. ->
- RT @misteratlanta: Spare me your tweets about America's disregard for Black life when you yawned at Kermit Gosnell. Now. Run RT that. ->
- RT @JasonMattera: Libs keep talking about "justice" as they prejudged Zimmerman guilty before trial and now condemn him after trial. ->
- @VodkaPundit So, is "straddling the mannequiin" the new "jumping the shark"…? in reply to VodkaPundit ->
- RT @CharlieDaniels: Chicago could use Sheriff Joe Arpaio for a couple of years. ->
- RT @BrandianRoss: Temar Boggs is a hero! Bravo, young man. http://t.co/ii9eXpE9IS” ->
@VodkaPundit So, is "straddling the mannequiin" the new "jumping the shark"…?
— Russ Emerson (@RussEmerson) July 14, 2013
Posted By Russ on July 8, 2013 at 11:27 am
- Tamara Holder is on Cavuto now. I'm just waiting for her to say something monumentally stupid. ->
- RT @CatsPolitics: If you insist Trayvon Martin was "a child" and that he was shot in the back while running away, I can't help you. ->
- RT @CatsPolitics: I'm going to say it: people who think Zimmerman murdered Trayvon also think OJ's gloves really didn't fit. ->
- RT @jmac82: 150 years ago today, a college professor from Maine ordered a charge on a Gettysburg, PA hilltop that possibly saved the Union. ->
- New blog post – Thus Spake Russ: On This Day in History – http://t.co/Cg4GLiWuvP ->
Posted By Russ on July 2, 2013 at 4:12 pm
On July 2, 1863, college-professor-turned-soldier Lieutenant Colonel Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain and the surviving troops of the 20th Maine Volunteer Infantry Regiment, outnumbered and outgunned, held the line on Little Round Top at the battle of Gettysburg, and in a moment of inspired leadership that is still being taught in military history courses, did nothing less than save the Union.
His actions were recreated in the film Gettysburg.
On this day in 1997, actor, WW2 veteran, and genuinely decent guy James Stewart passed away.
On the same day, less noted by History, my father passed away.
I like to think he and Jimmy met up at the Pearly Gates.
I keep his picture on the wall above my desk. I think about him and miss him every day.
Posted By Russ on June 18, 2013 at 11:57 am
Surely a distraction is in order: CNN polls shows 10-point jump in belief WH ordered IRS targeting of conservatives.
[Read this link if you don't recall the reference made by the title of this post. Which I suspect no one will really have forgotten.]
Posted By Russ on June 10, 2013 at 12:21 pm
- RT @GayPatriot: It's quite evident now that @BarackObama was illegitimately re-elected in 2012 by using the Fed Govt to suppress conservati… ->
- My A/C has failed – 2nd time in 2 weeks. Mayybe this is supposed to be some sort of sign. ->
- RT @CatsPolitics: The fact that Obama chose Biden to be his VP, and now he's chosen Susan Rice to be NSA, shows he's unfit to be POTUS. Rea… ->
- If y'all aren't following @AaronWorthing, do so post haste. He's administering some serious seal-clubbing to clueless lefties. ->
- RT @IMAO_: In a more perfect world, most of our politicians would be dragged off to prison in the middle of the night and never told why. ->
- RT @GayPatriot: You're right, you're right. If Barack Obama was 100% white, I'd support him.
Oh wait…. ->
- RT @ExtraGrumpyCat: A baby's laughter is one of the most beautiful sounds you will ever hear. Unless it's 3am. And you're home alone. And y… ->
- Just finished the last episode of "Kobato" – what a great little story. It had me completely engaged. Just lovely. http://t.co/1vvkrqhHq7 ->
- RT @freddoso: You know that moment halfway through Conspiracy Theory where you suddenly realize that Mel Gibson's character actually ISN'T … ->
- What's the over/under on there being an #NSA office in Cincinatti with low-level employees that this new scandal can be blamed on? ->
- Don't get to feeling all smug that you're not a Verizon customer. You *know* that the other carriers will have been similarly probed. #NSA ->
- I hadn't considered the YouTube angle. Equally likely, especially given Susan Rice's new position. @rsmccain in reply to rsmccain ->
- As a former Army SIGINT guy, I usually side with #NSA. They may have wanted the phone data, but they couldn't make this happen on their own. ->
- RT @TheRickWilson: 70 years ago, brave Americans stormed the beaches of Normandy to ensure we'd be snooped on by the NSA, not the Abwehr/OKW ->
- Other than "several distinguished careers," how much did the Tailhook scandal cost the taxpayers? $40 million? Doubt it. #IRS ->
- RT @SenTedCruz: Holder says he won't resign until he accomplishes all his goals. I guess there are still some amendments in Bill of Rights … ->
- RT @RBPundit: If the answer was "no" Holder wouldn't ask for an "appropriate" forum to answer. http://t.co/TbRIhUztmc This is HUGE. #DOJ ->
- RT @keder: Man, the government is going to do an awesome job running healthcare. ->
- RT @FoolishReporter: Serious physics nerd joke http://t.co/GLxs27CQL6 ->
- I'm on the phone with a customer who I would swear sounds like the South Park version of Al Gore. Hard not to chuckle. ->
- New blog post – Thus Spake Russ: In my copious free time…. – http://t.co/OC6zzakrF8 ->
- Best smart-sounding random question to toss out into a conference call? So far, I'm leaning towards "Are you sure it isn't a DNS issue?" ->
- I think by now I know more about Joe Theismann's prostate than I'll ever need to know. Unless there's a pop quiz. ->
- RT @SteveWorks4You: Senator Obama is going to be irate when he finds out what the President has been doing. ->
Posted By Russ on June 3, 2013 at 10:00 am
- RT @iowahawkblog: Breaking: Eric Holder arrests self in DOJ sting; releases self after forgetting to read self Miranda rights ->
- I can't possibly be the only hardcore conservative who is glad to be seeing Michelle Bachmann leaving the national stage. I hope. #tcot ->
- RT @RepFincherTN08: RT if you DON'T trust the #IRS with your healthcare. http://t.co/agapvZaENW #tcot ->
- I've just finished (finally!) reading the entirety of the Affordable Care Act. IT'S A COOKBOOK! ->
- In just a couple of tweets, @AaronWorthing has clubbed @toure like a baby seal. Sure, it doesn't take much… but he's made it into an Art. ->
- RT @CuffyMeh: On this day in 1953, Hillary Clinton's namesake reached the summit of Mt. Everest. Six years after she was born. ->
- RT @LIFECOACHERS: Good morning. Today is Wednesday, May 29, 2013. Remember, everyone you meet today is just like you: secretly killing hobo… ->
- I'm hearing from AG Holder's people those weasel words useful in any scandal:: "Mistakes were made." As if they made themselves. #tcot ->
- Plan of the Day: I will gladly share my experience and advice with my juniors, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so." ->
- RT @SenRandPaul: 56% of Americans say we'd be better off without ObamaCare. RT if you agree. – Washington Times: http://t.co/z89CAyLjSC ->
- Sadly, I don't have pics, but on #LadiesGunNight, I remember my grandmother Leah, who taught me to shoot when I was 5 or 6 years old. ->
- RT @Jimi971: Happy 65th birthday to Jerry Mathers. Gee Beav!! #Merica ->
- RT @Beregond: #Blocked MT @CnservativePunk: False. 10&11> Baker. ->
- RT @bob_owens: How many died at Watergate? ->
- RT @Jimi971: Back in the day. Dad's stashed a PopTart under their mattress to protect their families ->
- RT @rsmccain: #LetsTweetLikeLiberals The truth is [insert obvious falsehood borrowed from MSNBC commentator] and Rethuglicans are LIARS! ->