Posted By Russ on November 23, 2012 at 10:30 am
In no particular order, just as they occur to me….
- I haven’t had a haircut in almost 2.5 years. I look either like a hippie or like a particularly unkempt Benjamin Franklin. Take your pick.
- I’ve never been married nor had kids.
- I’ve always been a mostly-secret fan of anime, ever since Gigantor back when I was a little kid. Recent favorites include Hell Girl, Kurenai, and High School of the Dead. My “guilty pleasure” is Psychic Squad.
- I generally prefer anime — or indeed any foreign film — subtitled rather than dubbed.
- I’ve jumped out of a helicopter in flight, into a pitch-black night, without being able to see the ground.
- I’ve broken up a bar brawl, by picking up and carrying one or more combatants out of the fight. I’ve prevented a bar brawl, merely by being bigger than everyone else in the room.
But I’ve never thown a punch.
- I’ve met more than one of my personal heroes, including a recipient of the Medal of Honor.
- I’ve watched a firefight, but never changed a diaper. I’m not sure which would be considered riskier.
- I’ve won a drinking contest and walked away under my own power afterwards.
- I’ve broken numerous small bones — wrist, foot, thumb — but I’ve never broken a long bone — arm or leg.
- I’ve had frostbite.
- I’ve never been to Europe.
- I’ve never taken a girl to a drive-in movie, but I have been an extra in a movie that would be appropriate for a drive-in.
- I’ve written a computer program. Quite a number of them, in fact. Sadly, my once-impressive COBOL skills are gone… and probably wouldn’t be worth anything, even if I still had them.
- I’ve flown an airplane, sailed a boat, driven an Armored Personnel Carrier, and crashed a car, but I’ve never ridden a motorcycle.
- I’ve stayed awake for four days straight on more than one occasion (finals week 1981 and Team Spirit ’90.)
- I’ve never been called for jury duty. And now I have a pretty good excuse to be dismissed even if I do get called.
Such an exciting life I’ve led, no?